Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Great Sickness of 2011

(Melodramatic narrative music in background)


February 11, 2011
The winter months have dragged on. I keep looking for an end, the sign of spring and rebirth, but no signs yet. The sicknesses keep getting passed from family to family. We have been pretty lucky to have been passed over a few times, but over these last few days, the sickness has now found us.

We now have three of our precious children inflicted with the great sickness. Coughs, sore throats, congestion, and fatigue, and as a mother, I just want my babies to be healthy. Preston is now five and tries to be strong, but I know he is not feeling well. The babies are seven months and I lose sleep watching over their cribs at night. Talmage seems to have it the worst. I try to keep him medicated, hydrated and soothe him as much as possible. Kirtlyn has the croup and I cringe at the sound the barking cough makes in this little girl.

Let us be hopeful of their recovery and watch diligently for signs of spring and health and good times ahead.

February 12, 2011
Today we woke to a beautiful morning, and sick kids. Today is the day we venture to the Manti Temple to go through for our soon to be sister-in-law Ariana. What a blessing the priesthood is to be able to give our babies blessings before we leave our children in the care of family and friends. We are truly grateful for our families and friends to watch our children while we are away. My thoughts and prayers are with my children as I'm gone, I will be home soon.

What a beautiful temple session. It was a thrill to see the Lord's work being done in such a historic and beautiful building. An experience I shall always
remember.

Sunday, February 13, 2011
Coughs and fevers kept us up most of the night. Talmage is having a hard time breathing so we have to do our best to keep his nose clear. Kirtlyn has to breath the cool air outside to open her lungs and Preston has to have medication to keep his fever away. Oh how my heart aches for my little ones. I pray and keep watch over them through the night. My sweet honey helps to rock babies to sleep and administer to them.
The air is changing. I feel it in my bones. The sun is providing a much needed warmth and comfort of warmer weather to come. I cannot wait to take my little ones on adventures outside and through the beautiful mountains and valleys we live in. What a beautiful place to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment