Sunday, December 19, 2010

On the Sixth Day till Christmas

My children gave to me...

Six Quiet Moments

We live in a home with two five-year-olds and two five-month-olds. The boys love to play and the babies... cry...so we live in a... loud home. Which by no means is a bad thing, but there's a lot to be said for moments of quiet. Today being Sunday, we usually try to keep the peace more and the "disagreements" less, but today seemed to be a special day. The babies did not really sleep during church or the family dinner we attended, but they did eventually nap.
and sleep...
But I have to be grateful for those little moments throughout the day, where there is peace, calm and bedtime. It's now the evening, the kids are all tucked in (I can't say fully asleep, but in bed none the less), and it's my turn to snuggle up with my Stephen's Peanut Butter Cup hot cocoa (have you tried it? It's a limited time, so I'd advise you to stalk up), a warm blanket, and my current escape in the form of a good hard back novel.

So remember
Cherish the little things

No comments:

Post a Comment