Thursday, August 26, 2010

10 Year Anniversary!

Wow I cannot believe it's been 10 years!!! Matthew and I went to Park City for our anniversary (oh there was grand ideas of a trip to Chicago for a 3 days Cubs series, a flight to San Diego or cruise to Mexico... but with have 7 week old twins... you understand) So our grand ideas turned into a play day in Park City. The LittleField's went to Grandma Field's for the day and my sweetie and I went for a Day of Fun!

Matthew surprised me with a couples massage first thing before our venture out, and can I say, after 10 week of bed rest, 7 weeks of sleepless nights, man, was that needed!!!

We drove to Park City through Provo Canyon, and I was almost laughing at myself seeing all the construction and road changes through the canyon, I was reminiscing about how different it looked from when we were growing up. Boy do I feel old.

We went to lunch at the yummy Baja Cantina at the base of Park City Mountain Resort and then we rode the Alpine Slide and the Alpine Coaster. Seriously, we felt like little kids. It was so much fun!!
Matthew took this picture as we were making our way up the mountain. The little black car at the top is Cindi.
Riding up to the top. So fun, the coaster goes through the trees, it's beautiful! The sun was out, slight breeze, I'm not ashamed to say, I rolled up my sleeves and capris and caught some rays...
After we played on the mountain, we went to the outlets and boy did we take advantage of the "Back to School" sales they were trying to clear out. It was so quiet, since most of Utah is back in school.
Way too much fun!

All summer we knew we'd have a few hours away from the kids to celebrate and we teased that our grand plans would go from dreams of a day game at Wrigley to the Taco Bell drive through. So as we pulled into Spanish Fork, with a van full of kids, my sweet husband surprised me and drove through Taco Bell and I completely enjoyed a Burrito Supreme for our 10 year anniversary... good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment